Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

You saw that only my blood lust could tear us apart.

Electric Six - Watching Evil Empires Fall Apart
This might be one of my favorite Electric Six songs. I had been listening to them for two months before Nick and I saw them live. And ever since they're on a majority of the time... this is one of their rare, well, semi-serious songs. Usually it's all about nuclear war on the dance floor! See For Yourself! It sure beats listening to Skeletor McHorseface... I mean, Lady Gaga.

Uh, so anyways...

Awhile back I was asked to do a pinup for Moon Girl which you can read about here. It's a pretty fresh little comic book limited series and it's only available online from Comixology & Red 5 comics.


Moon Girl by ~spicypeanut on deviantART

It's been a little while since I did any superhero style comic work, but this is more so 50s crusader stuff so I'm pretty happy how it turned out. She kinda reminds me of The Rocketeer so that was cool. I kept it to three colors. The cream for the highlights works pretty well with blue. Blue's my favorite color and I kinda use it way lots. I actually almost went with light shades of pink, but I didn't want it to come off as girlie girl. The character is a strong female lead, not a Disney Princess. And don't get all salty at me with that comment... they're just two different styles. Both have their merits.

I zipped the blues in the background to create a sense of space and add a little texture. I do love me my zipatone brush in photoshop. Speaking of, photoshop was being a supreme pain in the ass on this one. I used a new brush with a dissolve setting for the colors on the figure and ladder. I literally had to save every couple of minutes because it kept crashing photoshop. >:( I probably need to upgrade to a not so old version of it I guess.

Regardless I'm happy with how it came out. I spent my Easter afternoon finishing her off and it's been raining all day so it's been a good day. Love the rain. I also got to see my Mom for Easter since I spent all of a whole week with Pops in San Francisco. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and talked a lot about conspiracy theories. Haha I love talking about crazy stuff with my mom. She's the best!

Anyways, I hope your Easter was nice and that life is good.
God Keep Ya.
Zak

No comments:

Post a Comment