Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tokens Only... Finally!

So a few of you have known I've been trying to work on a webcomic. I've wanted to launch it a few times over the past year but I have had a lot of amazing opportunities with my freelance illustration and fine art gallery shows.

I also wanted to take some time to refine the story and put more of myself in it so to speak. As much as this is definitely a story that everyone can read and take something away from - I really wanted it to be for myself as well. I wanted to pour in a lot of the influences I've had in my life and that's going to be the fun part.

Tokens Only is a love letter to the 1980s arcades of yore that I grew up in. That's where it all starts, and it will go on and on beyond that. I chose the webcomics medium because I knew I could be free to express whatever the hell I wanted, and I could steer the story in the direction it's taken me. You see I'm kind of a stubborn little bastard and I really wanted to tell a story the way I wanted to tell it. And in the format I wanted to as well. Tokens isn't a strip based comic at all - it'll be in the traditional comic format because that's what I love. I mean don't get me wrong - I love the hell out of a lot of webcomics out there, but like with everything down to my facial hair, I want to stand out.

I would love to blab about it more and more but I don't want to spoil it beyond that. I also want it to speak for itself. So what I'm posting tonight is a preview of page one. I've had it in the can for a bit of time now, but I wanted to give you a little taste before I launch it in a few weeks for NYCC. When launch comes it will be in color and I'll just be starting off at a once a week posting schedule.

I have an anthology I'm working on for Jolly Rogue Studios and I'll be working on a book with my buddy Gerhard in the coming months. So pulling triple comic duty on top of a full time job is gonna be killer for me in October... but y'all will reap some dope ass rewards out of it! TRUST.

Anyhoo... I really hope you all will enjoy this and I'm in it for the long haul. The website will be launching in the next few weeks & I'll be sure to be blabbing about it long before then. So until then, enjoy the b&w preview.

-zak


Tokens Only Preview by ~spicypeanut on deviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment