Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Coloring Work

So, a few months back I met up with Zach Howard here in Denver and since we've become fast friends. Great guy, and we've been having a lot of fun over the past few months. I'll be heading to NYC for the New York City Comic Con with him so if you're going stop by our table! We'll be the dueling Zachs whoring our work out! haha anyhoo... I've been working on improving my coloring skills and we came together to do some color work on some pieces. These first two pieces are the product of that coloring madness.

The first is for IDW's Motel Hell.


Motel Hell Cover Colors by ~spicypeanut on deviantART

Pretty f'n cool right?! This is the first piece I did for him, and he was pretty impressed with it. I'm not gonna lie, I had a ton of fun with this and it definitely pushed me to go a lot farther as an artist. I'm always happy for those challenges and I'm pretty stoked to be getting even more to do in the future!

The second one was a commission... a little Batgirl if you will!


Batgirl Commission Colors by ~spicypeanut on deviantART

What can I say, this was a hoot to work on!

So with that there will be more of these to come. I have about 10 more pieces to mess around on, and that'll lead to some more work in the coloring field. Hurrah!

Enjoy & God Bless
Zak 

No comments:

Post a Comment